Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 5, 2010

Quiet Book Revealed


I started working on this quiet book for my son on January 1st. Finally, 4 months later, the quiet book is ready to rock n' roll. I will be posting patterns and step-by-step instructions for the individual pages, so keep checking back.

I'm so delighted with this book, I love how it turned out. I do have to confess that I have several more pages in various stages of completion, but I really wanted to get the majority in the book.

I sewed binder rings into my cover so that the pages can go in and out. The back cover has a little pocket for treats or extras.

Feel free to leave a comment with any questions, and I'll work on getting my directions and patterns posted.

For details on page size and fabric, see this post.

Inside Cover: This book belongs to our family
Peek-a-boo mittens with family picture underneath (Click here for printable pattern)


Building blocks for the Idaho Falls Temple (Click here for a free pattern printable)
Noah's Ark with animals inside


Jonah and the Big Fish
Weave King Benjamin's Tower


Red, Yellow, Green Light
Garage, Road, and 2 cars (Click here for a free pattern printable)


Picking the Apples with snaps
Make a Pumpkin Face


Barn with animal finger puppets (Click here for page instructions)
Button flowers and velcro leaves


Tic Tac Toe
Tying a shoe


Mailbox, paper and pen (Click here for page instructions)
Build an ice cream cone (Click here for a free printable pattern)


Matching velcro Shapes
Back cover with pocket


Want to see the quiet book I made for my friend Janette? Click here. To see the quiet book I helped my friend Keree with click here.

post signature

15 comments:

Monica said...

Your quite book looks WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait to see the pattern of how you did it all. :>

Cami said...

It turned out great! I was so excited to look at it. I love the car page! if I ever have a boy, that will be the first page I add to mine. You did a wonderful job!
Cami

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

This looks awesome! I REALLY want to make one of these for my son...among the million other things. :)

Katielin317 said...

Cute!! Have you seen the quiet book flickr group??

http://www.flickr.com/groups/quietbookclub/

You should totally add your pictures there!

Ammieloris said...

Wonderful! I love your cute pages. You inspire me to keep working on my quiet book.

Valerie said...

You did an amazing job on your quiet book! I am working on a couple for my nephews, and was wondering how you got your book rings into the quiet book-- I would like to do that, but am new at the whole sewing thing... and am not quite sure where to start on that particular aspect of my books... thanks!! :)

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Valerie - I'm making a quiet book for a friend and I will take pictures as I put the cover together. It took me a long time to figure out the best way to do it, lol, but it ended up being really simple. Check back soon!

Dustin, Jessa, Paxton said...

DO you have your quiet books for sale???

Unknown said...

Also you can try the Dollar tree or 99 cents stores for felt its not always a billion colors but they usually have a package of 10 with a couple of colors.

Linz said...

I was just wondering if you were ever able to post a tutorial about how you made the cover? I am going to make one of these for my daughter and will start the pages tomorrow, but would like to hear the dimensions, material layers and how you put in the binder rings please. Thanks! I've looked up many different quiet books and yours is my absolute favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was wondering what you made your cover out of and how you connected the binder to it? I want to start on this but wanted to know how to start it. Thank you!

shellpole said...

Camille. i cannot get the template for the mittens. It only comes up small, even when I click on the pic as advised.

Reflexions d'NTAE said...

Can I buy one of these sense books for babies? I love them? Do you know any who can help me to get one? Thanks!

Klondikekid said...

I just found this information. Love the pages but is there a way to make the cover without using rings?

kate said...

As a sign of gratitude on how my son was saved from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My son have been suffering from ADHD since the year 2016 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have difficulty with communication,and he always have problem paying attention . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the herbal cure to ADHD. I never imagined ADHD has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.ADHD has a cure and is a herbal cure,you can contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get this medication, Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails