Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts (provolone & asparagus)

First of all, let me begin by saying HAPPY 100 POSTS TO ME! My blog is getting bigger and better so thanks for sticking around:) I always enjoy a chicken when it's baked with gooey cheese. The provolone is so heavenly melty, the chicken is tender and the asparagus is tender flavorful. I considered breading the chicken, so it's more like a cordon bleu, but I decided to keep things lighter and simpler. I really liked the lemon drizzle sauce over the chicken and potatoes, but husband enjoyed it without. I only used 4 chicken breasts here, but some where kind of fat or weird shaped so I split them, you can see my mini creations on the pan. Yummy!!!

Husband Rating: 4 stars

4 chicken breasts

12 stalks asparagus (thin, or slice them lengthwise)

4 slices provolone cheese

4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 tsp. thyme


Heat oven to 400. Steam asparagus in hot water in the microwave or stove top for about 2 minutes. Pound chicken until thin. Fill each flattened chicken breast with cheese and 3 spears of asparagus and sprinkle with thyme. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Lightly spray the bottom of baking dish with cooking spray. Toss minced garlic over the bottom of the baking dish and place rolled chicken in dish over garlic. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is melted.


Lemon Drizzle Sauce (optional)

1 cup chicken broth

3 Tbsp. butter

1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup lemon juice

Bring butter, chicken broth and lemon juice to a simmer. Add 1/4 cup of flour and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over chicken.



Joining Blessed with Grace for:
Blessed with Grace

post signature

3 comments:

SnoWhite said...

that sounds delicious! I love using asparagus in new ways -- thanks.

Karrie said...

These look so good, what a wonderful recipe. I'm going to have to try it.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

wow, never thought of using provolone w/asparagus,thanks for sharing , going to make that for my husband soon for sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails