Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dental Wrath

It's just so funny, I have to share. Who knew dentists had such wrath?

I got a letter in the mail today from my dentist. Not a cheesy postcard, a real envelope and letter. The letter is so ominous and threatening, should I be feeling guilty? Just wanted to share some excerpts, since they were so hilarious:

Dear Camille,

Our office has attempted to contact you the last 3, 6, 9 and 12 months about follow-up examinations. We believe there are very real health risks in hesitating to schedule because so much can happen so quickly.

Although we recognize that life is busy, it's important to respond to our reminders -- for your own sake. Periodontal problems spread like wildfire. A small crack in a filling invites secondary caries: decay beneath the restoration. An ill-fitting partial will discourage you from eating.

You're due. Please, call us at the soonest opportunity and plan to come in for an appointment with our hygienist.

Very truly yours,

Dr. Z

Umm, ok? Yes, dental health is important, but I was there last spring. Aren't yearly cleanings are just fine? Why am I getting that bill collector impression? lol

My favorite part is where he says an ill-fitting partial will discourage me from eating, lol.

Oh Dr. Z, thanks for the awkward letter. Next time, just send me a cheesy postcard with a picture of a happy tooth.





post signature

3 comments:

Kristin said...

LOL!! that was just a little hostile! that'd make me want to rebel and wait a year and a half to go in:)

Camille said...

Wow! :-) I still get dental reminders (post cards with teeth!) from a dentist I haven't been to in 5 years and in is IN A DIFFERENT STATE!! You'd think they'd notice it was going 2000 miles away.

I worked for a travel agency for a few years with a dentist's office a few doors down. The dentist offered bonuses (trips -- the ladies would come in to get brochures) to his staff for booking services and meeting quotas. Ever since, I have a hard time trusting a dentist wondering if it's just all about the money!

Kari said...

That is a funny letter. I think that yearly exams are just fine. I am poor as it is. I don't need to go 3,6,9 months. Hey by the way I up dated my blog with my quiet book patterns. I didn't write much though because I wrote everything on the patterns. I hope that is okay. Check it out and let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails