Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 9, 2010

Quiet Book Pattern - Temple Page

Scroll down for a free pattern printable!

To see the entire quiet book page-by-page click here

This was one of my favorite pages to design and make. It was also one of the easiest:) I tried to make this look like the Idaho Falls Temple, but you could easily tweak it to fit your temple.

Each square is 2 1/2 inches square. They are all attached with simple velcro. Since I wanted the temple blocks to be white, I decided to make the background blue for a sky. I added a little strip of green across the bottom for grass. I considered flowers, trees and sunshine, but I went simple instead.

I found some cool gold shimmery fabric in my mom's stash that I used for Angel Moroni and the door panels. Angel Moroni is cut out in yellow felt, then I stitched around the gold shimmer. He comes off with velcro too.

For fun, the doors on the bottom open to reveal a wedding picture of hubby and me. I didn't have any vinyl, so I cut a square out of a scrapbooking page protector. Add your velcro on the back first, then zigzag 3 sides of your page protector to the square. After adding yellow panels to the doors, stitch down the sides onto the block. Get it? Easy, turned out adorable!

Enjoy a free printable:

{Click for a larger view and to print}

post signature

3 comments:

Deanna said...

This is SUPER cute!!!!! How the heck are ya!!!???!?!?! I haven't seen you forever!!! Hope all is well!

Cute blog, btw!

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Annie. I absolutely love your quiet book pages! So cute. So I used your temple and Book of Mormon ideas to make a page for my sons quiet book. I tweaked them a little to fit my book but the design is definitely still yours. So now I'm deciding I want to try and sell my quiet book pages on etsy for a little extra income for my family. I'm wondering if you would let me do this with this page if I gave your pattern credit in the sale information?

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Annie, hi! That would be just fine to use my pattern with credit to Camille's Casa, thanks for letting me know. When you have your shop set up, shoot me an email at camillescasa(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will give your shop a post. I get a lot of emails about making quiet books and I just have the time/desire to sell them, they're lots of work! I would be happy to have someone to refer them to. Be in touch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails