Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baked Spinach Chicken Parmesan



Muchas gracias to Kristi for introducing me to this delightful recipe. I don't throw creamy sauces in the oven very often so I was quite nervous about how it turn out. Wowee, this is one of those recipes that made my husband fall in love with me all over again. I served it over fettuccine noodles, his favorite. I can't wait to make this again, it was perfect in every bite. I used two large chicken breasts and cut them in half, so it made 4 servings. I baked this easily in an 8x8 glass dish. I do need to note that personally, I think canned and frozen spinach is disgusting, smells and oozes. I only use fresh spinach, it was delicious in this recipe. You will feel like a chef at Olive Garden when you present this outstanding dish!

Husband Rating: 5 stars

2 large boneless chicken breasts halved, or 4 small

1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese

1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning

1 clove garlic

3 Tbsp. onion, diced

1 Tbsp. butter

1 Tbsp. flour

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup sour cream

1 cup fresh spinach, washed and chopped

Additional Parmesan cheese or roma tomato for garnish

8 oz fettuccine noodles, or your favorite

Preheat oven to 350. In a shallow dish combine Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Roll chicken into Parmesan mixture and arrange in baking dish. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour. Whisk in milk and sour cream, stir until bubbly and smooth. Stir in 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese and chopped spinach. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Halfway through baking, cook noodles according to package directions. Spoon chicken and sauce over noodles, garnish and serve.

post signature

2 comments:

Camille said...

Hi! I saw a comment at Fabulessly Frugal so I HAD to stop by! CUTE blog! I'm actually trying to revamp mine and was thinking "Camille's Corner"! LOL

Fabulessly Frugal said...

This looks fab! We would love to share some of your recipes on the blog. If you have any that match with the sales feel free to email them to us and we will try to get them in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails