Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grilled Chicken Tostadas


Yes, delicious tostadas. This recipe is amazing on the grill, but since we had wannabe hurricane winds outside, I just went for broiling in the oven. Tostada shells are just like hard shell tacos, except round and flat. I love the "Guerrero" brand, they should be right by tacos and tortillas at your grocery store. I covered the chicken and melted cheese with chunky guacamole, but you could go the lettuce/olives/salsa route too.

Note: I used some of my diced chicken that I always keep in the freezer. Makes for some speedy dinner prep! Click here for my easy instructions on getting chicken ready for your freezer. I just chop it, separate in to 2 cup portions, label and freeze. The night before simply place in your fridge to thaw, or if you are super last minute, give it a minute in the microwave and then right to your warm skillet. Simple pimple!

Husband Rating: 4 stars (he said refried beans would have made it a 5, lol, I'll work on that!)

2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 Tbsp. fajita seasoning
1/2 tsp. favorite Mrs. Dash seasoning
1 1/2 cups grated cheese
8 tostada shells
1 avacado
1 large tomato
1/4 cup red onion
1 tsp. lemon juice
Pinch of Salt
Sour cream, optional

Add fajita seasoning and Mrs. Dash to your chicken. (My chicken was still partially frozen, so I added a Tbsp. of butter to a warm skillet and stirred it around w/ the seasoning.) Heat oven to broil. Layer tostada shells on a cookie sheet.


Spread around 1/4 cup of chicken on to each tostada.

Add a handful of cheese to each tostada.

Broil for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tostada shell is warm and golden. Top with guacamole, sour cream and favorite toppings.

Chunky Guacamole:

I threw 1 avacado, 1 large tomato and 1/4 cup of red onion into my magic bullet and pulsed for a few seconds. Stir in lemon juice and a dash of salt. If you don't have a food processor, mash avacado and add in diced tomatoes and onions. Yummy stuff!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails