Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 2, 2010


Your homework for this weekend is simple, but important. As we celebrate our Nation's independence with good food, fireworks and too much candy, I want you to take a moment to be proud to be an American.

When the flag goes by at the parade, stand up, put your hand on your heart and be truly grateful. Teach your children to stand and show their respect too. When the National Anthem plays sing along.

I love living in America, the promised land, and I'm very grateful for the men and women who sacrificed for our beautiful USA.

And thanks to MarySue for reminding me of the best verse of our national anthem:

Oh, thus be it ever,

when free men shall stand

Between their loved homes

and the war's desolation!

Blest with vict'ry and peace,

may the heav'n-rescued land

Praise the Pow'r that hath made

and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must,

when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto:

"In God is our trust!"

And the star-spangled banner

in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free

and the home of the brave!




post signature

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love your ideas. I can't believe that you meal plan for a MONTH! I do 2 weeks at a time and that is enough to just about kill me. :) Looking forward to more posts - I'm your newest follower.

Sarah said...

That is my favorite verse! I was in my brother's ward last Sunday and it was fun to sing (rather than play the organ) The Star Spangled Banner. What an inspired song for an inspired country!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails