Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Winger's Sticky Fingers


There's a restaurant around here called Winger's. They serve this amazing sauce on their wings and chicken, it's so spicy and sweet and delicious! My aunt in Portland can't visit Idaho or Utah without hitting Winger's. A student of mine gave me this recipe for one of his demos during class, I finally tried it out this week. Amazing!!! Husband couldn't believe how much it tasted like the original Winger's sauce, but it didn't cost $12 for an entree! I want to have a party now and serve these . . .

Husband Rating: 5 stars

Note: You have to use Frank's hot sauce, no other brand. Target often has internet coupons you can print for 50 cents off a bottle. Every grocery store has them, has to be Frank's!

2 Tbsp. Frank's hot sauce

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 Tbsp. water

In a saucepan over medium heat stir together Frank's, brown sugar and water. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, then cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools. In a tupperware container add sauce and chicken, seal and shake to coat.

We used Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips from the freezer section. You could make your own or toss it with wings or chicken breasts instead. The sauce makes enough to cover about 10 chicken strips, so double or triple as needed.

Here is the gooey plate in all its deliciousness. I can't wait to make it again, it was finger-licking amazing!


post signature

2 comments:

Kari Ann said...

oh my gosh. It does have to be Franks! I love that stuff. Yum. Something that my hubby does that I really like is he puts in a bit karo syrup. It makes them just a little bit stickier. I like my sticky fingers pretty sticky ya know!

Unknown said...

Never heard of Wingers but we are huge Frank's fans so will have to remember this for the next movie night (when my teenage stepdaughter had a group of friends over without notice!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails