Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chicken, Rice and Bean Burritos


I've been experimenting with rice a lot lately and I now have to admit my true devotion to Knorr Rice Sides. I purchased a bunch at Albertsons several weeks ago, using coupons they were 25 cents each. Whoohoo! As a rule, never pay more than a dollar for them, they go on sale all the time. Stock up when they're cheap and enjoy them for months!
This could be a fantastic meatless meal. I had leftover chicken that I needed to use, but it would be just as flavorful and appealing without meat. This made enough to fill 12 burritos. I froze half and reheated it in the skillet for a lunch a week later.

Husband Rating: 4 1/2 stars

12 burrito size tortillas
1 Knorr Rice Side, Taco Rice Flavor
1 can black beans
3 TB onion, diced
1 large boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded or cubed
1 roma tomato, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 jalepeno pepper or green chiles (optional)

First, make Taco Rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, spray the bottom of a skillet with cooking spray and stir together chicken and onion over medium heat. Rinse black beans (cuts down on gas and keeps burritos from being to slimy) and add them to mixture. Stir in Taco Rice. Add diced tomato and peppers or chilis if using. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Warm tortillas and spoon rice mixture down the center of each. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Fold burrito shells and serve.


Here is what the burrito filling looks like before I stuffed the burritos. Yum! I didn't have to add any taco or spicy seasoning because the Taco Rice is packed with flavor.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails